Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Cheap Haircut and Brow Wax - You get what you pay for!

The Paul Mitchell Hair School in Antioch, TN offers very cheap hair/skin services. I have used the school before for brow waxing and facials, I was never disappointed. Last night, I went in for a "trim" and brow wax since my regular hairdresser wouldn't be available for some time. Well, this time I was a little disappointed. The brow wax was fantastic but the "trim" was not. I just wanted to trim a minimal amount off of the ends of my hair but ended up having an inch taken off and some of the strands are uneven. I cant blame the lady who trimmed my hair, she is a student after all and I knew that going in.


The total price was $15 before tip for brow wax, shampoo, cut and style. That is an amazing price! If you go, be warned that you never know how it will turn out! At least my hair is fixable so no worries here --- well except when I go to my regular hairdresser because she will give me grief for this one!

I can attest to the facials at PM school, they are awesome and a bargain for only $20! Too bad the school doesn't offer massages, I really need one of those :) They also offer cheap manicures (less than $10) and the brow wax service is $7. They offer color services as well starting at $25 but I am not brave enough to try that one out. If you do go to PM, just be warned that you will be in there for quite some time, I was there 1 and 1/2 hours last night but the amount of time spent will definitely save you the salon prices. I could have easily spent $50 or more for the services that I received.

No comments: