Sunday, September 13, 2009

Publix Trip (Saved 34.5%)

Well, I just came back from Publix with my healthier options --- still didn't get 100% healthy stuff . This limited the number of coupons that I could use but I will be healthier for it. Here are some of the deals:

Healthy Choice Entrees$2.50/ea x 3 = $7.50 (used three $2 off coupons for final cost $1.50)

Green Giant Fresh Steamer - regular price $1.99 (used a .50 coupon for final price .99)

Green Giant frozen veggies $1 ea x 2 (used one .50 coupon for final price of .50 ea)

Lenders Whole Grain Bagels B1G1 (bought one for .90---- no coupons)

Charmin 6 roll tissue on sale for $2.99 ( had one coupon from a home mailer - final price = $1.99)

Glade large soy candle - regular price $4.49 (used one coupon from a home mailer for final price $1.49) - Note: could have gotten a smaller candle for free but I didnt like the choices.

G2 drinks (for hubby) on sale at $1 ea x 3 = $3

Publix Vanilla Wafers - Penny item (saved $1.98)

Other items for this trip included nectarines, peaches, lemons, sweet onions, green onions, eggs. coffee, bananas, pork chops, spaghetti sauce, potatoes, dip and lunch meat for hubby.

Total before savings and coupons: $91.90
Saved: $31.68
Total OOP: $60.22
Total Saved: 34.5%

Not a huge savings but I did save. I did come home with 6 of the huge recycle bags full of stuff. Considering that my past trips to Publix (before couponing) always totaled well above $100, I feel pretty darn good about this trip. I will post later about the meals I plan to make this week.

No comments: